- 1 How do you get a dealers license in Florida without a lot?
- 2 How much does it cost to get a dealers license in Florida?
- 3 How do I get a car dealer license in Florida?
- 4 Can a felon get a dealers license in Florida?
- 5 How many cars can I sell in Florida without a dealers license?
- 6 Do you need a car lot to get a car dealer license Florida?
- 7 How do you buy a used car in Florida?
- 8 How do you buy a car at an auction in Florida?
- 9 Is car flipping profitable?
- 10 How many cars can you own in Florida?
- 11 How many cars can you sell privately a year?
How do you get a dealers license in Florida without a lot?
How to Get an Auto Dealer’s License With No Storage Lot
- Contact the Zoning Department.
- Contact the Secretary of State’s Office.
- Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Complete the Auto Dealer Application.
- Apply for a Surety Bond.
- Complete a Dealership Training Course.
- Register the Business Name.
- Apply for a Sales Tax Number.
How much does it cost to get a dealers license in Florida?
Proper Florida Dealer License Fees The State of Florida charges Florida dealers to pay a $300 Florida State Dealer License fee for each main location. You should call 850-617-3003 before sending in your Dealer Application to make sure you are writing your check for the correct amount.
How do I get a car dealer license in Florida?
- Attend FL Dealer Training Pre- License Class.
- Determine the Business Structure for Dealership.
- Obtain a Federal Employee Identification Number.
- Find Established Location and Obtain Approval from your local DHSMV Office.
- Obtain a FL Sales Tax Number.
- Obtain Garage Liability Insurance.
- Obtain a $25,000 Surety Bond.
Can a felon get a dealers license in Florida?
If a felon has been convicted of a non-violent, non-motor vehicle dealer crime, this most likely will not affect his or her ability to get approved for a dealer license. These include non-violent crimes such as: DUI. DWI.
How many cars can I sell in Florida without a dealers license?
This is generally referred to as “curbstoning.” Additionally, Florida law presumes any person, firm, partnership or corporation that buys, sells, offers for sale, displays for sale or deals in three or more motor vehicles in any 12-month period to be a motor vehicle dealer and must have an appropriate license issued by
Do you need a car lot to get a car dealer license Florida?
As long as it can fit all the vehicles you have for sale, your dealership location can be a small property. This is just one piece of the process required to get a Florida car dealer license.
How do you buy a used car in Florida?
Tips for Buying a Used Car in South Florida
- Tip 1: Get Preapproved & Set a Budget.
- Tip 2: Use Auto Advisors.
- Tip 3: Begin the Research Process Yourself.
- Tip 4: Purchasing from an Independent Dealer.
- Step 5: Always Get a Vehicle History Report.
- Step 6: Inspect & Test Drive the Vehicle.
- Step 7: Making it Official.
How do you buy a car at an auction in Florida?
To buy cars at an auction in Florida, you don’t need a specific license type, but you do need to be a licensed motor vehicle dealer. Basically, you can choose from any of the available license types to qualify for car auction attendance.
Is car flipping profitable?
That being said, if you don’t mind waiting a little longer for the sale, you may find that specialty vehicles can be very profitable, often making more profit per car than common vehicles. Some people flip or restore just a few classic or exotic cars per year, but earn up to $30,000 per vehicle in profit alone.
How many cars can you own in Florida?
There is no limit to how many cars you can buy or own at one time, and there is no limit on the number of cars that can be registered under your name. As long as you pay your taxes and have the appropriate insurance for all of your vehicles, you should be covered.
How many cars can you sell privately a year?
As of January 2020, you are able to sell up to 5 vehicles per year as a private party. That means no licenses needed, dealer education, sales taxes paid, etc if you only want to sell 5 cars per year.