- 1 How do you get a dealers license in Florida without a lot?
- 2 How long does it take to get a dealer license in Florida?
- 3 Do you need a car lot to get a car dealer license Florida?
- 4 How do I get an auction license in Florida?
- 5 How much does it cost to get a dealers license in Florida?
- 6 How much does it cost to get an auction license in Florida?
- 7 Can a felon get a dealers license in Florida?
- 8 How many cars can you sell in Florida without a license?
- 9 How do you buy a used car in Florida?
- 10 How many cars can you sell privately a year?
- 11 Can you make money buying cars at auction?
- 12 Should I buy a car at auction?
How do you get a dealers license in Florida without a lot?
How to Get an Auto Dealer’s License With No Storage Lot
- Contact the Zoning Department.
- Contact the Secretary of State’s Office.
- Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Complete the Auto Dealer Application.
- Apply for a Surety Bond.
- Complete a Dealership Training Course.
- Register the Business Name.
- Apply for a Sales Tax Number.
How long does it take to get a dealer license in Florida?
If you have questions about application procedures and licensing requirements, contact the Regional Office. Im sure you will be approved, and your Florida Used Car Dealer License will be mailed to you within 2-3 weeks. If you are not approved, you should receive a letter within 3 weeks.
Do you need a car lot to get a car dealer license Florida?
As long as it can fit all the vehicles you have for sale, your dealership location can be a small property. This is just one piece of the process required to get a Florida car dealer license.
How do I get an auction license in Florida?
Pre- licensing requirements
- Complete the required pre- license education: The FLHSMV requires that all vehicle auction dealer licensees in Florida take 16 hours of pre- license education.
- Get fingerprinted.
- Get a surety bond and liability insurance.
- Register your business so you can legally operate in Florida.
How much does it cost to get a dealers license in Florida?
Proper Florida Dealer License Fees The State of Florida charges Florida dealers to pay a $300 Florida State Dealer License fee for each main location. You should call 850-617-3003 before sending in your Dealer Application to make sure you are writing your check for the correct amount.
How much does it cost to get an auction license in Florida?
|License Type||Original License Fee||Annual Renewal Fee – Primary Location*|
|Motor Vehicle Auction (VA)||$300||$75|
|Salvage Motor Vehicle Dealer (SD)||$300||$75|
|Mobile Home Dealer (DH)||$340||$140|
|Mobile Home Broker (BH)||$340||$140|
Can a felon get a dealers license in Florida?
If a felon has been convicted of a non-violent, non-motor vehicle dealer crime, this most likely will not affect his or her ability to get approved for a dealer license. These include non-violent crimes such as: DUI. DWI.
How many cars can you sell in Florida without a license?
This is generally referred to as “curbstoning.” Additionally, Florida law presumes any person, firm, partnership or corporation that buys, sells, offers for sale, displays for sale or deals in three or more motor vehicles in any 12-month period to be a motor vehicle dealer and must have an appropriate license issued by
How do you buy a used car in Florida?
Tips for Buying a Used Car in South Florida
- Tip 1: Get Preapproved & Set a Budget.
- Tip 2: Use Auto Advisors.
- Tip 3: Begin the Research Process Yourself.
- Tip 4: Purchasing from an Independent Dealer.
- Step 5: Always Get a Vehicle History Report.
- Step 6: Inspect & Test Drive the Vehicle.
- Step 7: Making it Official.
How many cars can you sell privately a year?
As of January 2020, you are able to sell up to 5 vehicles per year as a private party. That means no licenses needed, dealer education, sales taxes paid, etc if you only want to sell 5 cars per year.
Can you make money buying cars at auction?
The short answer is, “absolutely”. Yes, there are auctions you do not need a Dealer License to participate in (anyone can go). And yes, you can buy cars at below market prices and resell them for profits in the $500 to $4,000 range.
Should I buy a car at auction?
Car dealer auctions are open only to those with a dealer license issued by the state. Buying, modifying and reselling cars bought at car dealer auctions can turn you a tidy profit. But if you only plan on buying cars for yourself, it’s probably best to buy from auctions that are open to the public instead.