- 1 How do I get my GC license in Florida?
- 2 What is a CBC license in Florida?
- 3 What can a Certified General Contractor do in Florida?
- 4 Can a GC build a pool in Florida?
- 5 What can a handyman do without a license in Florida?
- 6 How long does it take to get a GC license in Florida?
- 7 How much do contractors make in Florida?
- 8 Does a handyman need a license in Florida?
- 9 Do you need a license to pour concrete in Florida?
- 10 How much work can you do without a contractor license in Florida?
- 11 Can a contractor work under someone else’s license Florida?
- 12 How much does it cost to get a GC license in Florida?
- 13 Do you need a license to build a pool in Florida?
- 14 Do I need a license to clean pools in Florida?
- 15 Do you need a license to install siding in Florida?
How do I get my GC license in Florida?
Florida Contractor License Requirements
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Submit proof of a credit score of a 660 or higher.
- Scan an electronic fingerprint.
- Provide proof of liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
- Pass the Florida State Construction Examination.
- Fill out your contractor license application.
What is a CBC license in Florida?
A Florida Building Contractor ( CBC ) means a contractor whose services are limited to construction of commercial buildings and single-dwelling or multiple-dwelling residential buildings, which do not exceed three stories in height, and accessory use structures in connection therewith or a contractor whose services are
What can a Certified General Contractor do in Florida?
A general contractor’s license in Florida ALLOWS you to: Build, repair, and remodel any type of building, regardless of size or number of stories. Remodel any type of commercial or residential property. Perform clearing, grubbing, grading, excavation, and any site work for any construction project.
Can a GC build a pool in Florida?
An active Certified General Contractor is permitted to enter into contracts to build anything in Florida. As a basic requirement, a general contractor must subcontract all electrical, mechanical, plumbing, roofing, sheet metal, swimming pool, and air-conditioning work.
What can a handyman do without a license in Florida?
Work a Handyman Can Perform in the State of Florida Without a License:
- Patch Cracks & Holes in Existing Concrete.
- Exterior and Interior Cleaning.
- Yard Maintenance.
- Pressure Cleaning.
- Cleaning Gutters.
- Laying carpet, vinyl, wood, tile or laminate flooring.
How long does it take to get a GC license in Florida?
How long does it usually take for a Florida contractor license application to be approved? The short answer is the applications for a Florida contractor license will typically be reviewed and a determination made within 30 to 45 days.
How much do contractors make in Florida?
Answer: According to the website Salary Expert, which gets its information from the Economic Research Institution, the average annual salary for general contractors as of December 15, 2020, is $115,079 per year in the state of Florida. This also means that you can make an hourly average of about $55.33 per hour.
Does a handyman need a license in Florida?
The state of Florida does not license or regulate those calling themselves a handyman. Therefore a handyman is only permitted to perform minor repairs and cannot legally perform any of the work previously mentioned that requires a license.
Do you need a license to pour concrete in Florida?
ALL Concrete Pouring BUSINESSES NEED A BUSINESS LICENSE. A business license (starts at $39) is required by 100% of all businesses in FL.
How much work can you do without a contractor license in Florida?
General Construction Work While many states have a dollar limit of $1,000 on handyman jobs, there is no such limit in Florida. No, you can ‘t do structural work, like work on foundations, built new additions, or even make modifications to structural walls, but there is quite a bit you can do.
Can a contractor work under someone else’s license Florida?
F.S. §489.127(4) adds that licensed contractors may not allow their license to be used by another,46 nor apply for a permit for a project for which he or she does not have a contract, the latter covering those not infrequent situations in which contractors “rent out” their licenses.
How much does it cost to get a GC license in Florida?
Once you have passed the general contractor exam, you can then send in an application form for the license. You must also pay a fee of $150-$250 USD to apply for the license.
Do you need a license to build a pool in Florida?
The state of Florida requires a license to build or repair pools; you can confirm licenses and read information on licensing at www.MyFloridaLicense.com. A licensed person has the required education, experience, insurance and qualifications to obtain a license.
Do I need a license to clean pools in Florida?
Answer: Generally pool cleaning businesses are not subject to many state or local licensing requirements. For instance in Florida, companies are required to obtain a contractor license or a specialty contractor license depending on whether they wish to engage in general pool maintenance or pool construction.
Do you need a license to install siding in Florida?
1 reply. Florida has a “specialty contractor” licensing requirement. I ‘ve copied and pasted the definition of a specialty contractor below, and I believe that your siding and fascia work could require this type of license depending on the materials used: 61G4-15.015 Certification of Specialty Structure Contractors.