- 1 How much is a saltwater fishing license in Florida?
- 2 Where can I purchase a Florida fishing license?
- 3 How can I get a free fishing license in Florida?
- 4 Can you fish from shore in Florida without a license?
- 5 Who is exempt from Florida fishing license?
- 6 What is the best month to fish in Florida?
- 7 How much is a Florida fishing license at Walmart?
- 8 What is the fine for fishing without a license in Florida?
- 9 Do senior citizens have to pay for fishing licenses in Florida?
- 10 Do I need a license to fish from a pier in Florida?
- 11 At what age do you no longer need a fishing license in Florida?
- 12 Are treble hooks illegal in Florida?
- 13 What fish can you not keep in Florida?
- 14 Can you fish on the beach in Florida?
How much is a saltwater fishing license in Florida?
The shoreline saltwater fishing license is available to Florida residents only. Nonresident saltwater anglers must purchase a regular nonresident saltwater fishing license at $17 for three days, $30 for seven days or $47 for one year, regardless of whether they fish from shore or a vessel.
Where can I purchase a Florida fishing license?
Licenses and permits are available: Online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com. In person at a license agent or tax collector’s office. By calling toll-free 888- FISH – FLORIDA (888-347-4356) or 888-HUNT- FLORIDA (888-486-8356)
How can I get a free fishing license in Florida?
Florida residents receiving benefits or food stamps can do land-based saltwater fishing without a license. Any Florida resident can get a free shoreline fishing license, which allows you to fish for saltwater species from land or from structures attached to land.
Can you fish from shore in Florida without a license?
The short answer is Yes. Both residents and non-residents need to have a license in order to surf fish in Florida. The general saltwater fishing license is paid, but residents can obtain a free shore -only license that they can use only for shore fishing.
Who is exempt from Florida fishing license?
Resident seniors age 65 or older with proof of age or residency (such as a valid Florida Driver’s License or ID Card) or possessing an optional Resident 65+ Hunt/ Fish Certificate (available at no-cost online at GoOutdoorsFlorida.com or at county tax collectors’ offices)
What is the best month to fish in Florida?
|Tarpon||Year Round||June – October|
|Grouper||Jan 1 – May 31||November – March|
|Kingfish||September-April||December – March|
How much is a Florida fishing license at Walmart?
The cost of obtaining a fishing license from a Walmart in Florida is $17.50. This is the price for a one-year license for fishing in freshwater or saltwater. A one-year combination license, however, costs $30.50. A “shoreline” license is also available to residents for free.
What is the fine for fishing without a license in Florida?
You need a license to catch a fish and if you cast a line or catch and release. fishing without a license is a non-criminal offense that is penalized by paying the licensing fine & an additional $50. The penalty fine increases to $100 if you are charged more than once within a 36 month period.
Do senior citizens have to pay for fishing licenses in Florida?
Florida residents age 65 or older only need a Florida Driver License or Identification Card to prove residency and age. They are not required to purchase the following recreational licenses and permits: Saltwater fishing, freshwater fishing and hunting licenses.
Do I need a license to fish from a pier in Florida?
You can fish from a pier for recreational purposes, but you still need a valid pier saltwater fishing license.
At what age do you no longer need a fishing license in Florida?
Florida residents age 65 or older do not need a recreational hunting, freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing license or a * Florida waterfowl, migratory bird, deer, turkey, snook, spiny lobster, archery season, crossbow season, muzzleloading season permit or management area permit by possessing proof of age and
Are treble hooks illegal in Florida?
A treble hook considered a “multiple hook ” and is illegal on regulated and catch-and-release saltwater species in Florida when used in conjunction with live or dead natural bait. Many anglers choose not to use treble hooks with bait at all because you cannot be sure which species of fish will bite.
What fish can you not keep in Florida?
Prohibited Freshwater Fish as Bait
- Black bass, peacock bass or any part thereof may not be used as bait.
- Whole pickerel or panfish (e.g., bluegill, redear sunfish, redbreast sunfish, spotted sunfish, flier, warmouth) or parts thereof may be used as bait for sportfishing by the angler who caught them.
Can you fish on the beach in Florida?
Fishing is great on Florida beaches. All public beaches allow fishing from the shore and it is quite common to see people with their poles and cast nets working the calm surf. You can catch most inshore fish from the beach such as snook, pompano, shark, snapper, and redfish.