- 1 Do home inspectors need to be licensed in Florida?
- 2 How much does it cost to become a licensed home inspector in Florida?
- 3 Is the Florida home inspector exam hard?
- 4 How do I get an inspection license?
- 5 What do home inspectors look for in Florida?
- 6 Which home inspection certification is best?
- 7 How long does it take to be a home inspector in FL?
- 8 How do I start a home inspection business in Florida?
- 9 Can a felon be a home inspector in Florida?
- 10 How much does a Florida home inspector make?
- 11 How many questions is the Florida home inspector exam?
- 12 What kind of questions are on the home inspector exam?
- 13 What tools does a home inspector need?
- 14 Is it worth it to become a home inspector?
- 15 How do home inspectors make money?
Do home inspectors need to be licensed in Florida?
A home inspector license is required to conduct home inspections in Florida. Home inspectors are licensed and regulated by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
How much does it cost to become a licensed home inspector in Florida?
Option #1: Complete all 120 hours of training online (free to members). Course # 0000517. Option #2: Complete 80 hours of the training online and 40 hours in a classroom. The cost is $1,899.
Is the Florida home inspector exam hard?
Scoring is Tough, but Fair There are 120 questions, which are selected at random, and you’ll have an hour to complete it. If you don’t pass the first time, InterNACHI explains that questions on the next exam that you take will be different. You’ll need a score of 80% to pass, but it’s a little tougher than that.
How do I get an inspection license?
GETTING STARTED IS EASY
- Step 1 — Understand Your State’s Regulations.
- Step 2 — Choose School for Your Pre- Licensing Requirements (if required)
- Step 3 — Take Your Pre- Licensing Course.
- Step 4 — Take Your State’s Home Inspection Licensing Exam (if required)
What do home inspectors look for in Florida?
A thorough home inspection can find problems related to moisture intrusion, roof leaks, WDI infestation, unsafe electrical wiring, failed plumbing, wet basements, mold and mildew, and safety hazards. At the end of the inspection, you will receive a written report detailing all the findings.
Which home inspection certification is best?
Best Home Inspector Training Programs
- Best Overall: American Home Inspectors Training.
- Best for Self-Paced Instruction: Inspection Certification Associates.
- Best for Continuing Education: McKissock Learning.
- Best for Professional Resources: ATI Training.
How long does it take to be a home inspector in FL?
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR website for home inspectors ) requires individuals to complete 120 hours of state-approved training, pass a state exam, and submit an application to the state. InterNACHI has a state-approved pre-licensing course and a state exam available.
How do I start a home inspection business in Florida?
Steps to Starting Your Home Inspection Business:
- Make a Home Inspection Business Plan.
- Get Trained and Certified to be a Home Inspector.
- Get Home Inspector Liability/E&O Insurance.
- Obtain Home Inspector Tool Kits.
- Get and Rep Branded Inspector Apparel.
- Install Home Inspection Software.
Can a felon be a home inspector in Florida?
The good news: Only a few states have laws about certifying felons as home inspectors, and it’s only outright illegal in one. In most states, home inspector certifications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, meaning you can become a home inspector with a felony as long as you fulfill other requirements.
How much does a Florida home inspector make?
The average salary for a home inspector in Florida is approximately $71,000 per year.
How many questions is the Florida home inspector exam?
You are given two (2) hours to complete the exam. This computer based exam is 100 questions, multiple choice, and covers the following areas: 1.
What kind of questions are on the home inspector exam?
The National Home Inspector Examination ® contains 200 multiple-choice questions. Of the 200 questions on the exam, 25 of those are pretest questions that are not scored. You are given four hours to complete the exam.
What tools does a home inspector need?
Tool vest: Inspectors need to carry a variety of tools while they inspect a home. Flashlights, a moisture meter, infrared thermometer, electrical testers, cell phone, and a mirror are just some of the equipment they commonly carry.
Is it worth it to become a home inspector?
Becoming a Home Inspector can be a great career. Its comes with a lot of responsibility because your clients are often putting their life’s savings on the line and are depending on you to advise them if the home they intend to purchase is going to be right for them.
How do home inspectors make money?
You’ll make about $450 bucks per inspection. You’ll earn about 28 bucks per hour. On average. Your salary as a self employed home inspector greatly depends on how many inspections you’re willing to fit into your schedule – but even a part time inspector can make a killing.